Are you getting Partial Dentures? Read This!
A dental implant could be used for the restoration of your lost teeth. Ancient tooth implants date back to as early as 2000 BC in a civilization of ancient China. They carved bamboo pegs were originally used to replace missing teeth. Similar was the case in Egyptian and French excavations which date back to 300 BC. For today’s generation, they have become a standard of care for over 30 years now.
Why does one need Partial Denture?
The requirement for the same could arise for aesthetics or functional reasons. If for any reason such as lack of support for bridging or financial limitations exist, temporary denture could be a good idea.
Temporary dentures could be removable as patients can remove and reinsert them as and when required. An implant if fixed should be removed ideally by a dental professional only. If your teeth are being replaced, the chances are that your replacement teeth come attached to plastic bases. Partial Denture is mostly client-specific. They depend on your requirement and so the dentist designs them specifically for you.
How are they attached to your teeth?
They are connected to your teeth by metal framework or clasp-like connectors. Sometimes more natural-looking precision-attachments devices are also used which can be more aesthetic than clasps. The implant is effectuated by making a small “anchor”, which acts as an absent tooth root. The “anchoring” is secured well. This does not lead them to loosen over time or slip out or cause any movement to occur.
Regular denture-problems like an ill-fitting denture, unnecessary pain in the gums or gum irritation is overcome. The whole process is totally safe. This is due to the advancement and standard of care in the dental field. The implant is made of titanium and their appearance is like any other natural teeth.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of having a dental implant are several. If one has a missing tooth, the bone begins to shrink, which in turn affects the jawline. This can adversely affect one’s facial structure. Teeth implants help restore the natural face shape by preventing the deterioration of the bone. Implants are a better long-term alternative to bridgework. The surrounding teeth are not affected in any manner. Priority to comfort is guaranteed.
How much time does an implant take?
The dental implant procedure involves various steps and it could take 4-9 months generally. Your teeth are carefully inspected, and a determination is done of your suitability to the procedure. After a few months when the implantation heals, an impression is taken for the artificial tooth. Throughout, careful oral hygiene is maintained and guidance is given for the maintenance. Just by following some basic routine checkups, the implants function for many years in the future.
Adjusting to your denture:
1. Even if in the beginning, a partial denture feels awkward, you will get accustomed to wearing it. Similar to contact lenses, inserting and removing temporary dentures require some practice.
2. It fits in place with relative ease if one follows the instructions given by the dentist. The dentures should not be positioned by a sudden push by the use of other teeth. This could damage or break the clasps.
Seek advice from your dentist. If you are looking for one, AS4U can be a great option. With experienced dentists there, you need not worry about dentures.
3. The ideal duration for which one can wear them is given prescribed by the dentist. The initial requirement generally is to wear them day and night to identify the problem areas. This will assist your dentist to help you with the adjustment procedure.
4. Later when the problem areas are discovered, they will be taken care of. You might be recommended to take them off before going to bed.
5. Eating becomes much more pleasant with dentures. However, you may have to avoid sticky or hard substances during the adjustment period.
6. With time, you will get accustomed to speaking properly with a partial denture. It will also tend to improve your speech.
7. Over a long time, adjusting the denture may become necessary. This could be due to the natural course of your jaw due to age, which could result in poor-fitting dentures.
If you are looking for a dentist to get a partial denture, contact AS4U. They have some of the best dentists to look after your needs.
General DentistryRead More
We offer the most current technologies in cosmetic dentistry to create a dazzling smile that you'll be proud to show.through the gums. These posts provide stable anchors...
Oral SurgeryRead More
Follow the Three S’s for 3-5 days after surgery to help increase healing and reduce the chances of dry-sockets:
Periodontal MaintenanceRead More
Periodontal diseases are infections of the gums, which gradually destroy the support of your natural teeth. There are numerous disease entities requiring different treatment approaches.
Children's DentistryRead More
The first “regular” dental visit should be just after your child’s third birthday. The first dental visit is usually short and involves very little treatment. We may ask you to sit in the dental chair
Orthodontics is a dental specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of tooth misalignments and jaw irregularities (malocclusions) using braces, clear aligners...