3 Things You Should Know about Inlays and Onlays
Your smile is determined by the appearance of your teeth, gums, and bite. If there are minor issues with any of these, the cosmetic dentistry can work wonders and improve the appearance of your teeth as well as smile. If you have decayed or damaged teeth, crowns and fillings are popular options. But did you know that there are other options too such as Inlays and Onlays.
Here’s a Look at All That You Need to Know:
- What Are Inlays and Onlays?
The onlays and inlays both help in restoring the decayed or damaged teeth caused due to cavities. They are placed over the missing part of the tooth unlike dental fillings which are filled in the damaged tooth with a material. However, they are not like crowns which over the entire tooth. They simply cover the damaged part of your tooth. Both inlays and onlays have same function but they are applied on different parts of the tooth. While the inlays only cover the cusps, the onlays cover more surface on tooth than just cusps.
- When Are Inlays and Onlays Recommended?
The dentists near GA 30120 usually recommend inlays and onlays on the basis of the severity and type of dental issue. If the cavity is too deep for a dental filling but not deep enough to get the crowns, the inlays and onlays can be the ideal options. The dentist will examine the situation and suggest accordingly.
- What Are the Advantages of Dental Inlays and Onlays?
There is a host of benefits that inlays and onlays have as compared to the fillings and crowns.
- The inlays and onlays preserve the natural structure of your tooth which helps in enhancing its functionality.
- Inlays and onlays are durable as compared to the fillings and crowns. As they are made of stronger material, they will not only last long but also offer added support and strength.
- Inlays and onlays are custom-made which means they offer better fit than dental fillings.
- Inlays and onlays are easy to clean and resistant to discoloration or stains.
We offer the most current technologies in cosmetic dentistry to create a dazzling smile that you'll be proud to show.through the gums. These posts provide stable anchors...
Follow the Three S’s for 3-5 days after surgery to help increase healing and reduce the chances of dry-sockets:
Periodontal diseases are infections of the gums, which gradually destroy the support of your natural teeth. There are numerous disease entities requiring different treatment approaches.
The first “regular” dental visit should be just after your child’s third birthday. The first dental visit is usually short and involves very little treatment. We may ask you to sit in the dental chair
Orthodontics is a dental specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of tooth misalignments and jaw irregularities (malocclusions) using braces, clear aligners...